|Home||About You||About Us||About Coaching||Services||Contact|
There is no furhter need for volunteers for this study as we entered the stage of processing the data that has been collected.
Final results of this study will be published by the end of 2012, beginning of 2013, stay tuned for further details.
| Preliminary research results
Anticipating this feasibility study, some data collection has been done during 2011 by the 2 coaches with guidance of Southampton university and these are some early results, including 3 months follow-up.
Two different ways have been used to measure the effectiveness of the LYLAC coaching intervention:
1. Quality of Life in Adult Cancer Survivors (QLACS) (Avis et al 2005, Avis et al 2006)
This is a multi-dimensional measure of quality of life, especially designed for cancer survivors, which measures 12 QoL domains, seven of which are generic and five cancer-specific.
|2. The New General Self-efficacy Scale (NGSE) (Chen et al 2001)
An 8 item scale, measuring the following items:
1. I will be able to achieve most of the goals that I have set for myself.
2. When facing difficult tasks, I am certain that I will accomplish them.
3. In general, I think that I can obtain outcomes that are important to me.
4. I believe I can succeed at most any endeavour to which I set my mind.
5. I will be able to successfully overcome many challenges.
6. I am confident that I can perform effectively on many different tasks.
7. Compared to other people, I can do most tasks very well.
8. Even when things are tough, I can perform quite well.
|IsaWebdesign||Copyright © LYLAC: Live Your Life After Cancer|